Last Updated on August 9, 2022 by TreadmillGuides Team
Writing the review of the MaxPro PTM405 was somewhat difficult for me because our team had a hard time finding it in the showrooms. The reason was that this Maxpro treadmill is new at just 2 years old. In search of it, we talked with Meerut, Bareilly, and Noida treadmill dealers. There were no outlets dedicated to only Maxpro treadmills but it was available in fitness equipment stores.
The brand to which Maxpro PTM405 Motorised Treadmill belongs is Welcare. We will talk about the brand in detail in another article.
Now focusing on MaxPro PTM405 Treadmill here, it has got a good rating online. Plus it has given sales to offline fitness gear stores too. In our opinion, if you’re searching for a treadmill for your home & daily use, you should definitely have a look at it. This Maxpro treadmill is also pocket friendly at rs. around 25,000.
Tabular Review of Maxpro PTM405 Features at A Glance
|Motor||2 HP (Continuous), 4 HP (Peak) DC quite functioning motor (no person but sprinters and runners need an extra motor capacity like 3HP (6 HP peak) for their workouts. As far as YOUR daily workouts are concerned, 2 HP or 2.25 HP is good enough.|
|Running Belt Size||1150 x 420 mm, 45.3 x 16.5 inches (it’s the average size of a running belt. For an average Indian up to 5’10”, this size of MaxPro PTM405 Treadmill is fine. Generally, taller people need a longer running belt).|
|Speed||1-14 km/hr (the higher the speed, the faster you can run. Hence, for a daily workout 14 km/h at the peak is enough unless your core goal is running.)|
|Weight Capacity||110 kg (keeping 20 kg buffer, it’s absolutely suited up to 90 kg user weight for brisk walking, jogging, and even for running. However, if you’re beyond 100 kgs, you should not consider buying the MaxPro PTM 405 Treadmill. Here are other lists for you in that case: 150 kg user weight treadmill, and semi-commercial treadmills.)|
Check out MAXPRO PTM405 2HP (4 HP Peak) Folding Treadmill:
For more and complete treadmill information, head over to this article:
MaxPro PTM 405 Treadmill Review in Detail: Features, Price, & Installation
1. Can I do high-level cardio workouts on it?
How hard you can run on a treadmill depends upon its incline levels and workout programme.
Inclination becomes very important if you want to have an intensive workout or you are preparing for marathons (1). This feature also helps burn more calories and gives you a real outside experience by inclining the treadmill at various levels.
This PTM 405 model offers 3 levels of incline which can be adjusted manually. The levels provided in this treadmill offer different levels of intensity and come in handy.
Work out programme gives more intensity. This Maxpro treadmill comes with 12 programs in-built into its system. These different programs range from easy to hard levels and you can choose what type of workout you want.
You can also customise the plans according to your liking. It also has H1-H3 programs for a more intensive workout.
2. What about cushioning support in the running areas and other safety?
The running belt is a multi-layered thick belt that helps in dampening shocks and thus preventing any pain or shocks to your feet and knee joints.
The running belt also has an anti-skid texture to help you from slipping or falling.
However, if you’re looking for a shock-absorbing treadmill specifically, check the list: top treadmills for joint pains.
The treadmill with a motor can be dangerous at times and it becomes important to have some safeguards. There are 2 safeguards in this particular model.
One is the safety cord which you attach to your clothing. If it gets pulled beyond its safety mark, then the treadmill automatically stops functioning.
The second is the safety switch, once pressed it will kill all the function and returns the treadmill into an idle state.
3. Maintenance, Lubrication & Portability
MaxPro PTM 405 Treadmill comes fitted with a soft drop hydraulic system which lets you easily fold or unfold without too much hassle.
Its system also keeps it in line and prevents any accidents. 2 wheels are also provided which are easy to use and quite manoeuvrable.
Lubrication inlets are provided which are very to locate and open so that you can refill the lubrication gel without any hassle.
You have to do it manually but it is very easy to operate.
4. Other features: MaxPro PTM405 Treadmill
- This MaxPro treadmill has AUX and USB connectivity options with which you can play your favourite media through its in-built speaker system.
- It also features 2 large cup holders, and a mobile/tablet holder for safekeeping.
- Maxpro PTM 405 has a nice grip on the handles and prevents excessive sweating.
- Sensors & monitor: it features a heart rate monitor which has become an essential feature of the treadmill nowadays.
- There is also a 5-inch blue LCD which is clear to read and displays info like the time, distance, speed, calories burned, heart rate, modes in which you are in etc.
- MaxPro PTM 405 Treadmill also has FIT SHOW App Support.
5. MaxPro PTM 405 Treadmill: About brand, installation, & service
MaxPro is one of the well-known treadmill brands in the Indian Fitness Industry. Its product range is very diverse and generally, they are of great quality (based on their ratings). They also operate on an international level, supplying and operating in many countries.
According to me, you shouldn’t face any difficulty in after-sales service.
In terms of installation, they have mentioned their Whatsapp – 8220209111 to get an installation appointment booked like other treadmill brands.
We called in a working day, they were ready to avail a technician guy to visit our place and install the treadmill. You can avail of this service in over 100 smart cities.
However, in remote areas, if you are not able to enjoy this service then the company will provide free demo videos or video calls to aid in installation.
6. MaxPro PTM405 Treadmill Warranty & Price
This treadmill comes with a warranty of lifetime for its frame, a 1-year warranty on the motor and a 1-year warranty on other parts.
You can buy this model for around Rs. 25,000 in India.
1. MAXPRO PTM405M Multipurpose Folding Treadmill
It’s the same as the above-reviewed treadmill, MaxPro PTM 405 Treadmill. The only difference is that the MaxPro PTM405M is a multifunction treadmill that also comes with a sit-up, massager, and 2 dumbbells of 1 kg.
The price is slightly higher at around 34K-35K. If you want to add versatility to your workouts, you can go for this model.
2. Welcare MAXPRO PTM405I Auto Incline Folding Treadmill
This model is also the same as MaxPro PTM 405 Treadmill, except for the additional highlights
- 15 levels of auto incline
- Ultra cushioning to protect knees
- Free Installation
Our Verdict on MaxPro PTM405 Treadmill (Pros & Cons)
This treadmill has both pros and cons. It is a well-built machine with a weight capacity of 110 kgs. It is stylish looking and boasts an impressive list of features like a wide (moderately wide) running surface and an anti-skid running belt.
Also, the ratings are impressive.
However, this does miss out on a couple of things like the auto inclination feature which is pretty common nowadays. If you want an auto incline in this same model, the other variant Welcare MAXPRO PTM405I comes with a 15-level auto incline and costs you around rs. 37,000-38,000. (see the last section of the article.)
MaxPro PTM 405 Treadmill also misses out on a much longer motor warranty and only offers a 1-year warranty which is less than its competitors like Powermax.
- Some key highlights of this particular model have dedicated space holders for your phone or even tablet.
- It also supports USB playback and has in-built speakers which are decent enough for a workout session.
- MaxPro PTM 405 Treadmill features a multi-layered textured running belt which reduces the shocks and possibility of accidents.
- At this price range, it doesn’t offer auto inclination which is a must for the treadmill as it helps you to adjust the incline angle while continuing your exercise.
- Otherwise, you have to step down and then adjust the inclination angle which unfortunately ruins the rhythm of your workout.
I hope you found our MaxPro PTM 405 Treadmill review useful! If there’s anything you want to ask, just drop a comment below. 🙂
Suggested more treadmill articles:
- Top Treadmills for Home Use in India
- Sparnod STH-5300 Review
- Best Treadmill under 10000 (List Reviews)
- Fitkit FT200 Treadmill Review
- Best Treadmill Mat Reviews
- Fitkit FT100M Treadmill & Comparison